The Golf Shop Assistant is a key member of the team who serves the purpose of helping customers truly enjoy their time
at CommonGround Golf Course. They represent and uphold the high-quality standards the facility represents and must
present a professional image at all times. This position is a key player in controlling the flow of information to our
customers and guests. They are expected to be knowledgeable about all elements of the golf operation and can serve as
a resource for the entire staff. Position duties include:
$14 per hour
- Maintain an active understanding of the overall golf operation, communication systems, procedures, goals and objectives of CommonGround.
- Have a working knowledge of policies and procedures and actively enforce them according to established guidelines.
- Answer all incoming phone calls, serving as the primary point of contact for the facility.
- Check in and book tee times for customers.
- Actively promote the use of caddies for rounds of golf.
- Be an active participant in merchandise sales, helping customers purchase stock items or place special orders for product not available in the golf shop.
- Assist in the receipt and display of merchandise.
- Manage and assist starters and outside service staff with their responsibilities as needed.
- Follow daily cash register and cash handling protocols.
- Maintain a clean working environment. This includes re-organizing or re-stocking merchandise, wiping down surfaces, taking out trash and cleaning primary restrooms.
- Effectively communicate with the outside operations to help manage play.
- Stay informed of all daily activities and course promotions.
- Assist the F&B operation with the delivery of food and drink items to the golf course when needed.
- Assist with the setup and execution of a league play and tournaments.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Basic knowledge of Word, Excel, POS Systems, and Electronic Tee Sheets.
- Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays if needed.
- Interested in golf or golf retail.
- Great people skills
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
Must be at least 16 years of age and have a valid driver's license.
Previous experience in a golf related service position is preferred.