At CommonGround, the Line Cook is the backbone of the kitchen operation. The Line Cook is responsible for prepping food and plating dishes according to menu specifications. With an open kitchen, the Line Cook is front and center with customers. The person in this position must be a well-groomed, friendly, customer service-oriented individual. Position duties include:
- Prepare food items on established recipes for our bar menu.
- Have the ability to serve a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks at the bar.
- Assisting with stocking and setting up the kitchen stations.
- Preparing food includes cleaning and cutting the ingredients and cooking main dishes.
- Plating prepared foods based on the chef’s guidance.
- Work with F&B staff to ensure that orders are completed according to request and on time.
- Wash and clean the kitchen and cooking utensils and store the equipment at the end of shifts.
- Ensure that the kitchen operation procedures and hygiene meet food safety standards and regulations.
- Clean prep areas.
- Stock inventory and supplies.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays if needed.
- Great people skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Aptitude for multi-tasking.
- Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Safe-Serv certified preferred.
- Bartending experience preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Working knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods.
- Discounts on apparel and golf equipment.
- Discounts on employee meals.
- Playing and practice privileges.